The Facility supports studies of plant functional genomics, genetics, pathology, ecophysiology and systems biology for regional, national and international research programs. It is also used for the study of plant-derived products and for pharmacological approaches.
The samples are sent to the Facility under the form specified in the Detailed Analysis List or in the Service Form. (Detailed Analysis List)
Biochemical phenotyping of plant samples
- Automated analyses on microplates: total proteins, starch, sucrose, glucose, fructose, malate, fumarate (under proviso), citrate, total free amino acids, glutamate, proline, chlorophylls a and b (from one extraction)
- Quantification of amino acids by UHPLC-fluorimetry
- Analysis of phenolics (HPLC-UV/Visible, LC-MS ion trap, LC-NMR)
Metabolomic profiling-Metabolome of plant samples
- Quantification of major polar metabolites by 1H-NMR of polar extracts
- Acquisition and analysis of metabolomic fingerprints by 1H-NMR of polar extracts
- Acquisition and analysis of metabolomic fingerprints by LC-QqTOF-MS or LC-Orbitrap-MS of semi-polar extracts
- Lipid profiling-Lipidome of plant samples
Lipid analysis (phospholipids, neutral lipids, sphingolipids…)
- Analysis and quantification of fatty acids by GC-FID or GC-MS
- Analysis and quantification of lipids by GC-FID, GC-MS or TLC
- Analysis of waxes and lipid polymers by GC-MS and GC-FID
- Acquisition and analysis of lipidomic profiles by MS/MS and LC-Qtrap-MS
- Structural analysis of polyphenols (using MS and NMR)
- Automated measurement of central-metabolism enzymes (glycolysis, TCA cycle, Calvin-pentose phosphates, sucrose metabolism, nitrogen assimilation)
- Acquisition of spectra for the measurement of 13C isotopic enrichments on fractions, for metabolic flux measurement
Technological developments - R&D
- Robotisation of sample grinding and weighing,
- Obtention of rapid metabolic signatures by high-throughput 1H-NMR,
- Ultra-fast 2D NMR and 13C NMR developments, in collaboration,
- Quantitative MS-based analysis of intermediary compounds of central metabolism,
- Lipidomics of plant samples,
- Transfer of high-throughput metabolic phenotyping to diverse models,
- Identification of compounds using LC-SPE-NMR and multidimensional NMR,
- Constitution of a library/database of reference compounds and corresponding spectra,
- Bioinformatic tools for NMR spectra processing, handling and sharing,
- Tools for data handling, sharing and mining.
Open use of analytical equipment
- Training and technical support
- Use of :
|High-density Metabolomics-Metabolic profiling||
|High-throughput metabolic phenotyping||
|Polyphenols- Structural identification||
Expertise and analysis of results
Results and confidentiality
The results are communicated to the user in printed or electronic format. Without any user’s answer within ten days from receipt, the results are considered as accepted and the service as closed. However, the Facility members remain at the disposal of users for any question and help in result valorization.
The Facility makes every effort to ensure:
- a high level of equipment performance through maintenance schedule and regular monitoring,
- accompanying users (feasibility study, training for hands-on use, interaction during the service provision, expertise),
- raw data backup during the provision of service.
The Facility has an obligation of means and not an obligation of results. Therefore the Facility should not be held responsible for any mistake done by users or unexpected equipment failure.
Confidentiality: The facility undertakes not to disclose any information concerning the project except the user’s name, its unit of origin and the project title. Upon request the project title can be kept confidential.